Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Saturday

We had a rough week last week. Sickness has hit our household with a vengeance- respiratory, stomach we've had it. By Friday we were feeling better and had a case of cabin fever so we decided we would go to Seattle for the weekend. It is about 4 1/2 hrs from Walla Walla and a beautiful drive. We went through the Snoqualmie Pass to get there and I know for a fact that this was the most scared I have ever been in a car. Michael did great, but you could hardly see, the roads were covered with snow/ice slush. By the time we made it through my hands hurt because I was squeezing the door so tight. These are the pics I got before it got bad and I was gripped with fear ;)
It is amazing how things will turn so quickly from snow to rain and vise versa up here. Seattle is beautiful, it is called the emerald city and even in February everything was green and lush. After we got there we found a park and let the kids (and Michael) run around
He is such a great dad. He can come up with the craziest games, this one he had the kids stand still and he swung on this zip line thing and picked them up. There faces crack me up


The kids are crazy about staying in "rotels". It's like Christmas morning when we walk in, they run around, check out the microwave, mini fridge and bathrooms and want to tell me about everything they find, even though I'm right behind them looking at it. They are so fun to travel with and have this ability to make things as silly as a hotel room magical.

1 comment:

  1. Did you get a chance to go by Pike's market. I just love those flying fish. Also if you get a chance everyone needs to try squaw candy. It is smoked salmon in pieces that is smoked with brown sugar, it is really good. Some of the smaller fish stores should have some. Glad you are enjoying area!

    ReplyDelete