Monday, September 24, 2012

That's Early

So our mornings before school have been, dare I say it, wonderful.  Before kindergarten I never, NEVER set my alarm.  We got up when the kids woke up and some mornings we would only have 15 minutes before we had to head out the door, most mornings were hectic.  With Savvy gone from me most of the day, I want our time together to be purposeful.  So with heavy fingers I set my alarm to go off at 6:00.  When I get up I have  20-30 minutes of quiet time, then I get completely ready(which is so nice to do with no kids).  At 7 I start breakfast which usually wakes the kids up and then we eat together and it's not rushed at all, its nice:)  We pick out the kids clothes the night before so they dress themselves after breakfast.  Then if we still have time we will watch cartoons.  It has been more than worth rolling out of my bed before the sun comes up.
Not all mornings are perfect, we still have had tears about brushing teeth, or turning off the TV or Cohen gets confused about what outfit is his or Caleb's.   Cohen had no idea, and had been in Caleb's clothes for 30 minutes before I realized
 So here's to keeping up our mornings filled scrambled eggs, oatmeal and high waters



1 comment:

  1. That happened to us one morning. Seth put on Silas' clothes. It took us a little longer than 30 minutes to figure it out. :) So glad your mornings are going well.

    ReplyDelete