Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Thanksgiving

Looks like the little Turkey growing in my belly is due on Thanksgiving, November 25! I was so excited to have ultrasound pics to post, but she didn't do one. It's really frustrating when a Dr. says something and then doesn't do it, but to her defense she was in a hurry. We did get to hear the heartbeat and you would think this being my third I would be used to that sound but I'm not. Every time I hear it, it makes me giggle! I love love love it! The heartbeat was 160 beats per minute and she said sounded great.
As most of you know I'm going all natural with this one, not because I think it is better for the baby or for me, but because it has always been something I've wanted to do. I've got Michael and my family on board and starting now I just needs tons and tons of prayers! I'm searching for a Doula now. She is someone who helps you deal with the pain and will be with you during the birth. I really do think Michael will be an amazing "coach" but I want someone else there who has seen this and can be with me if Michael passes out, just kidding. But the only other time Michael has seen me in pain he started yelling at people... so I'm just going to be safe!

5 comments:

  1. OMG Ashley! You are a brave girl! They had to turn my epidural off with Lawson (long story) but basically the last hour I was pushing was without any pain meds and I was not prepared for it and I'm pretty sure I don't want to do it again haha:) But maybe if I had had a different mindset going in it would have been better you know? So happy for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so ready for that little gobble gobble to be in our lives!!!! YAY!!!! Another precious little fall baby! And you are such a strong woman! I will be praying for you! If anyone can do it you can :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a brave woman! But if anyone can do it, you can! AND...its definitely a girl! High heartrate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Yay Ashley. When I had Hudson my epidural didnt work at all so I had him natural and let me tell you I will do it again its so much better when I got done pushing him out I took a 15 min nap then a shower and it was so awsome to get up and walk around after giving birth. I know you can do it. And a Thanksgiving Baby how great is that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You called the baby a "she" :) So cute! And, I am proud of you for going natural!

    ReplyDelete