Chick fil a has a love hate relationship with our family and it is all due to the dreaded enclosed green steps. Look really close and you can see them on the corner, every restaurant has it on their playground...every one. When Cohen was around 17 months he got stuck on the first one and he has been traumatized since, 2 1/2 years later.
Let me give you some of our real life scenarios since the incident.
1. Cohen crying in the corner because there was no way he could get up to the tunnel.
2. Me bribing, threatening, pleading with Cohen to not make me come get him down from the step.
3. Me threatening Cohen to not touch the green step because I'm not climbing up there to get him.
4. Cohen at the top of the steps hysterical and I'm letting him cry while I'm also enduring stares of judging eyes saying "what a horrible mom, go get your son"
5. Me climbing up the steps 9 months pregnant to rescue Cohen.
And not one of the occurrences happened on the same day.
Well today my friends that boy, who will be 4 in a month, climbed and conquered those steps. I saw it happening and it was in slow motion and I think I heard "eye of the tiger" playing in my head:) After he had done it and I stood up, eyes huge, mouth open in amazement and started pumping my fists in the air. I wonder what the people around me thought I was doing. I almost started crying and it was because he was so proud. He knew I saw the whole thing, we were looking at each other the entire time. But he still ran over smashed his face on the glass and yelled "mom I climbed the stairs". I hope I remember what his face looked like at that moment for the rest of my life.